Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hongkies developed good leg muscles!

In HK, you can't do anything without walking... well, unless you're a handicapped which is a little off topic. What I meant was, you need to walk a lot in HK. I was talking to a friend earlier that, when I was working in KL, I travel an hour to work of which 10% of the time is spent on walking, which means 90% of the time while travelling to work, I'm usually in the car. However, in HK, 100% of the time is walking!! For example, you leave your house and you walk to the nearest MTR station, board a train to your destination. If you're lucky, you get a seat, otherwise, you'll have to stand throughout the train ride. And when you reach the MTR station, you start walking again to your office. Unless, you earn enough to own a car in HK!Therefore, hongkies developed good leg muscles!!
My uncle told me, "if you want to be a hongkie, you have to walk a lot!!!". I thought to myself, "I don't want to be one; I just want to work here" :-p

4 comments:

:: 吖十のk2 :: said...

wahaha...now u missed your traffic jam days in M'sia..!

Jeff said...

ya... i miss sitting inside the car while getting stuck in a jam. the jam here is different... also traffic jam, but amongst humans! hahahaha...

Kssy said...

Foot reflexology business there must be good then! hehehe

Jeff said...

erm... yes, a lot of foot reflexology places, massage, with special services. :P