Thursday, October 9, 2008

Finally, my China Visa.. actually, I just want my passport back :P

My present job would requires me to travel to mainland China (tho' not so often). So I had to get a China Visa. I submitted an application on Oct-2 but only collect on Oct-8. When I went to the Consulate General of PR of China yesterday to collect my Visa, there were 50+ people in queue. Since Oct-7 was a public holiday in HK, it's not uncommon that the following day will be jam-packed. So I went again this morning (Oct-9), which is really quite an experience!!!

I waited for 2.5 hours just to collect my Visa! Firstly, we have to queue up (before 10am) along the walkway before even getting into the building. When I entered, we have to go thru tight airport-like security- metal detectors, x-ray machines, etc. And when I managed to get up to the 7th floor, it's another 50+ queue...

'why the queue' you may ask.
The staff says "system down"?!?
- but how does that affect collection??

The actual fact is.... there's only 1 counter serving visa collection (but why??? I think I know why, but don't think I should post it here... hehehehe)

No comments: