Friday, October 3, 2008

food in HK

For the past 2 weeks and 6 days, my diet survived on nothing better than "siew mei" (roast meat), be it roast duck, roast goose, roast pork, barbequed pork, steamed chicken, and a whole variety of good HK food! Obviously, you'll struggle in HK if you can't read chinese (like me), and ordering food is a problem! So, I could only order the regular stuff like...

"Char Kai Fahn" (barbequed pork + chicken rice)
"Char Ngor Fahn" (barbequed pork + roast goose rice)
"Char Ngap Fahn" (barbequed pork + roast duck rice)
"Char Siew Yoke Fahn" (barbequed pork + roast pork rice)
"Kai Fahn" (chicken rice), etc. in HK, you don't get much roast chicken tho'. Usually steamed.
"Yum mat yeh"? (What do you want to drink?)...being an illiterate Chinese, I could only order "tung lai cha" (chilled milk tea) or "hor lok" (coke). It's like our usual "teh tarik" in KL, but only better! I don't know how to explain, it just is!

No comments: